The Anti-Macedonian Hysteria Jan 28, 2010 23:58:31 GMT -5
Post by Bozur on Jan 28, 2010 23:58:31 GMT -5
The Anti-Macedonian Hysteria of the Neo-Nazi Greeks
The recently published article on the historical differences between Macedonia and Greece generated great debates; their utility in revealing the Neo-Nazi Greeks and their approach to history falsification that can generate wars and wars is exemplary. This calls for a study through the lines of a text, and for its refutation!
The hysteria by which marginal elements of the Greek Neo-Nazi extreme Rights attempt to create an imaginative, racist and absolutely false 'history' is truly unmatched.
Truths publicly exposed in the article (The Macedonians, the Greeks, and the Communists) drew attention allover the world, and the text was republished in various fora (http://www.politicsforum.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=74493 and www.casadelest.org/foro/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=470). I was flooded with congratulations and at the same time I was exposed to attacks and even threats.
These truths certainly disturbed the Neo-Nazi Greeks, who published a sort of 'answer': www.network54.com/Forum/448385/message/1175960313/.
The nickname of the author consists in a comical appellation 'Istor' (Ancient Greek for 'narrator of History' or 'person knowledgeable in History') that reveals how ('anistoretoi') irrelevant of History they are!
Regarding the chaotic differences, the chasm that separated the Macedonians from the Greeks in the Antiquity, the world's academia, intellectuals and all people of good sense will always refer to Demosthenes, an original source, and not to the Neo-Nazi Greeks, who judged upon their total ignorance, proved to be worse than the 1930s' Nazist and Fascist falsifiers of History.
For an insightful understanding of the Neo-Nazi Greeks’ approach to History and of what this ‘approach’ can signify, I re-publish here this ‘answer’ integrally:
Answer - Refutation of the article
Macedonians had always Greek names, toponyms, ways, heroes, gods, dialect and spread Greek Language and Civilization to the World.
If any modern white people do the same things we Greeks will accept them as Macedonian, that is Greeks.
Blood and dna are not related to ethnicity at least within a race(color). We Greeks do know this since the times of Herodotus and Issocrates. If you think that we are wrong then you might let us educate your children: We promise that we will not change their blood.
We don't care about what Greeks were before being Greek, but for historic reasons.
Herodotus was not Greek because he was from Caria? Give you a brake, sir!
Yes, Peloponnesian war was a civil war, that is between Greeks. Thudcydides knew pretty well: ……. (apan to ellÃªnikon) wrote he.
Alexander's model wasn;t Athens but older Greeks: Hercules, Achilles. You know, Macedonians were living in the era of Home when southern Greeks were reading Aeschylus, Euripides, Thucydides... Anyway, they called Euripides to teach them the new Greek Civilization in their own language: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pella_katadesmos
Regas called all peoples around to hellenize themselves: to become Graikoi. He knew where the Light comes from.
Ottoman occupation was a yoke for all Balkans and Turks themselves. We Greeks were about 10,000,000 people before Ottoamns and about 5,000,000 after them. We were the leading civilization of the World and now we area marginal one.
Demosthenes said what he said, during Macedonian+Thessalian versus Athenian-Theban conflice about Greece's domination. It was just another civil war. Read more here: www.network54.com/Forum/415923/message/1122318428
Greek Communist Party recognized for a while a Macedonian ethnic identity under presure of Comintern and dicator Stalin. Now, in the times of freedom they knew: Macedonians have always been Greeks.
Signed by: Istor Macedonian, therefore Greek
Other reactions and personal attacks
To better demonstrate the ignorance, the extremism, and the necrolatrous chauvinism of the Neo-Nazi Greeks, who consist in the worst obstacle to Modern Greece's transformation to a normal, democratic and European society, we re-publish here another ‘answer’ and personal attack, empty of historical contents but complete in highlighting Neo-Nazi totalitarian mentality.
The answer is published integrally, and the numbers in-between the text’s words refer to my comments at the end.
I know you don’t need emails like these and perhaps do not appreciate them either.1
Nevertheless, I do feel like letting you know that I was shocked and disgusted to read your autobiography! 2 Always bearing in mind and respecting your years of research and studying the world and history, I am appalled to see how you have developed a genuine hatred towards your country of origin. 3 I am not intending to get into an argument with you over your views of the world; 4 I only believe that you should completely change your surname. 5
You are setting a bad example 6 for a country that is so tiny but has nevertheless achieved so much over the centuries. 7 You are insulting my pride of being Greek 8 and I have various other doubts over the quality of your research and findings. 9
Signed by: Ioannis Kallinikos" 10
1. On the contrary, I need emails 'like these' because I want to know the quality (or lack thereof) of my uninvited interlocutors. The character of those supporting an opposite idea pertains to the character of the opposite idea itself. I am not bothered by insults of those who disagree with me! They highlight how correct I am. The malignant character of a supporter of an idea I reject clearly reveals how wrong that idea is. Thank you for your mail!
2. 'Disgusted to read an auto-biography': another proof of the personal approach. You contradict yourself, speaking about my years of research in the lines; you cannot be disgusted by what you find as a positive element! You are disgusted by my ideas, eventually, but you are afraid to confess it! Too bad!
3. You say I "have developed a genuine hatred towards your country of origin", meaning Greece; Greece is my country of birth; I am Greek citizen. Country of your origin is the country your parents and grandparents were born in; they were all born in Turkey. I have no hatred towards either countries.
If my historical analysis leads to conclusions that displease the political establishment of this or that country, this is their problem, not mine. Countries are not an ideal, the Truth is an ideal. If for the sake of Truth I say 'my country did something wrong', this is not an act of Hatred, but Love.
And for humans, there is no Love superior to the Love of the Truth!
A country, any country, has no value in front of the Truth.
A country is a trash; any country is a trash, valueless, precarious, and nefarious.
The Germans had the courage to admit their wrongdoings; I suggest it is high time that the Greeks do so now!
4. Of course, you don't discuss my ideas, because even in the Academy of Athens, and in the Greek universities they are not able to discuss them, as they service a pre-conceived bogus-historical dogma that traumatically deforms the World History for the pathetic needs of the Greek necro-latrous nationalism.
5. We changed our family name already; long ago! When my paternal grandfather reached Greece, in the early 30s, he was asked to translate the family name Gozubuyukoglu to Megalommatis, which as the original Turkish means - to help English readership - 'the person with big eyes'. I asked the Greek Ministry to change again my family name (and turn it to Gozubuyukoglu) in 1993, but they denied. Do you have anything to suggest in this regard?
6. Quite contrarily, I believe I set a very good example for citizens allover the world to prefer Truth to the filthy deeds of their countries - whatever the country might be.
7. I have nothing again the present state of Greece; believe me! You say that Greece "has nevertheless achieved so much"; you may be right, but I would say that Taiwan, Singapore and South Korea have achieved much more. You should take them as example for further improvement.
8. This is precisely the point; there cannot be such a thing as "pride of being Greek" or French, British, Turkish, Russian, etc. It is a perverted false concept on which every more perverse idea, such as nationalism, chauvinism, etc. can be based. This is the very wrong beginning; there can be only a "pride of being True". This is the only good sense of patriotism, and the Truth is the only country that can exist on Earth.
9. Just having doubts, and you suggest someone to ...change his name! That is why I am sure that if you were 100% sure of your falsehood, you would expel one (1) million people from your country, as this population would not fit your paranoid, nationalistic paroxysm.
10. Let me ask you, in the end, why you do not change your probably Slavic origin name and turn it again to Kallinikov? It would sound more true.
I am sure you know that, as early as 1600 or 1700, there was not a single Greek family in the Ionian Sea, in the Balkans, in the Aegean Sea, in Anatolia, in Pontus or in Istanbul to have such a name: 'Kallinikos' is not a genuine, historical Greek name (like Komnenos, etc). It is a modern construction.
Your great, great, grandfather may even have been a Filipino!
By Prof. Dr. Muhammad Shamsaddin Megalommatis